DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD & Home Theater Gear (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear-5/)
-   -   Remember that cheap seaker wire for 2.49 40 ft? Check out this email (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear/60483-remember-cheap-seaker-wire-2-49-40-ft-check-out-email.html)

vwbeetlvr 08-01-00 09:54 PM

"Dear customer

This is Greg P. from the Recoton corp. We are curious about one of
your products that you ordered, the "SW1240CPB" 40FT SPEAKER CABLE"
I would like to know how you heard about the wire on our site and why you picked
the product. It would mean alot to me.

If you have any questions contact me at 1-800-223-6009 ext.1714
or reply to this e-mail with your question.

Thank you,
Greg P."

I wonder why he wants to know this???

GRNDRGN31 08-02-00 12:34 AM

shhhhhhhhhhhh.....not a word.......

notjafo 08-02-00 11:01 AM

How much wire did you order?

I don't think there is anything wrong in letting then know you heard about it via a web post. This is an outlet store, and their business is to move products quickly. This stuff was a bargain when they sold it for $14, and a steal at $2.49. If they find they can push outlet products faster they are more likely to make more products available, not less.

In two separate orders I ordered 4 of these spools before posting the website, and I would guess that posting the price to this forum generated alot of orders in a hurry (I think 6 people responded that they orderd wire within a day of that original post).

My opinion is let's let them know that good pricing is rewarded with good sales, and that those sales can be generated quickly.

Any dissenting opinions?

[This message has been edited by notjafo (edited August 02, 2000).]

JediJ 08-02-00 02:09 PM

i'm thinking of ordering, but would like to know what you guys think of them. has anyone received their order? how's the quality?

jin

Sockmonkey 08-02-00 02:21 PM

I got my order (4 rolls) in a few days and the quality is actually fantastic. Much better than I expected.

I recommended it to a co-worker who placed to separate orders (5 and 8 I think). He got the same type of email from Recoton.

Anyway, the wire is good stuff... and a steal!

------------------
The Compulsion

vwbeetlvr 08-02-00 09:02 PM

i ordered 4 rolls. i was the one who posted this topic

d-rell 08-03-00 05:03 AM

Where can I get this?? Is it still that cheap?? I could use some.

------------------
"...that gum you like is going to come back in style"

notjafo 08-03-00 11:07 AM

www.recotondirect.com

stevevt 08-10-00 05:31 PM

Bumping, since they still have the $2.49 wire in stock, and this is the hottest deal I've seen in a while.

-S

jumbojp 08-10-00 05:45 PM

I agree this is a hot deal I ordered 4 myself. It comes with gold pin connectors which I was surprised to see.

Also to those who just cant get enough speaker wire, I was in my local Dollar Store last week and they have 50ft rolls 16 gauge wire for $1 each. I didn't take a real good look at it, but it didn't look bad for a buck.

GregSoundBoy 08-10-00 05:53 PM

is there a minimum of rolls that you need to buy?

stevevt 08-10-00 06:19 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GregSoundBoy:
is there a minimum of rolls that you need to buy?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, but buying more saves a bit on the shipping. Their shipping rates are listed once you put something in your cart.

-S

yobbam 08-10-00 08:43 PM

a deal,no kidding , a while back I paid over 25 bucks for the same gauge of wire. Ordered my spool. Thanks for the link!

thadius 08-11-00 02:28 PM

Just got mine yesterday (8 roles) for my basement home theater project. Nice stuff. I had some Monster for my rears (back in the Dolby Surround front/rear only days) that didn't look any better.

No email from Recoton yet.

Great find!!

------------------

LtlPhysics 08-11-00 05:23 PM

vwbeetlvr, thanks for the heads up. I ordered four rolls and that $8 set of headphones for my keyboards. Who knows, they may even sound good.

ruedog311 08-12-00 04:35 AM

i got 5 rolls like a month ago, nice stuff.

lukeinwo 08-14-00 06:39 PM

I just received the four rolls that I ordered! It's a bit thicker than I would have wanted (limits the usable distance) but a great price, especially considering they come with gold plated banana clips too!

-Mike

stevevt 08-15-00 05:57 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lukeinwo:
...It's a bit thicker than I would have wanted (limits the usable distance)...

-Mike
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems like you're saying that thinner wire is preferred for longer runs. This is the opposite of the truth. Thicker wire offers less resistance, and is therefore better suited to longs runs.

-S

Ducati 08-16-00 03:36 AM

Just bought 400 feet...don't know why......

------------------
Sprint PCS phones, at a discount
[email protected]

namlook 08-16-00 06:58 PM

What's the quality of this wire at only $2.95? I just ordered 4000 feet!

Not really, I ordered 3 rolls. I figured I couldn't lose, but is it good stuff?

LtlPhysics 08-26-00 12:20 AM

I received four rolls a few days ago. I haven't completely opened a package, but it certainly looks good and each 40' roll is heavy.

I didn't get the headphones or a packing slip. They did include a little pad of paper with the recoton banner on it.

------------------
Throttle, more throttle. Level out! Level out! Fly smart and stay away from the Bushes!

LtlPhysics 10-23-00 01:16 AM

I think the 2.49/40 ft of 12 gauge is over but I'll bump it anyway.

------------------
Throttle, more throttle. cough, hack... exhaust, more exhaust.

BT 10-23-00 02:51 AM

Didn't see the 40ft wire, but they had this advertised on the front page:

30 feet Speaker Wire 12AWG (SW1230B) for $2.99

Still not too bad a deal eh?
http://talk.dvdtalk.com/ubb/smile.gif