Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Antenna Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-12, 11:46 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Antenna Help

I'm getting a surround sound setup for my birthday next week, but I'm wondering about the antenna. From what I've read about the system I'm getting, the radio's antenna is the crappy kind of antenna that's just a wire that you have to stick to the wall. Does anyone here know if something like tv style rabbit ears would work the same way or maybe some way to have the wire antenna without sticking it to the wall ? My dad said that maybe I could wrap the antenna around a stick. What about the AM loop antenna that comes with it ? Would that would with FM radio ?
Old 07-08-12, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Antenna Help

The simple wire is basically the same as rabbit ears, a straight piece of metal. It should work, if such a small antenna will work wherever you locate the radio. The am antenna won't be much use for fm. If you have an antenna for the house (for TV), tap into that for the best fm reception.
Old 07-09-12, 01:00 AM
Banned

The thing is, the input on the Onkyo HT-S3500 has some sort of coaxial connecter. But I don't have the receiver yet, so I'll wait and see.
Old 07-09-12, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, coax just like an antenna input on a TV, standard these days. FM is right in the middle of the VHF band. There's probably some sort of adapter on the end of the supplied antenna/wire to attach properly.
Old 07-09-12, 02:55 PM
Banned

I've been looking at rabbit ears and found a couple different ones that will probably do the job. Luckily, they aren't all that expensive.