Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Another monster cable/sound question

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Another monster cable/sound question

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-00, 10:02 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a sony home theatre package and their low end dvd player.. overall the sound is great for me, connected with an optical cable instead of rca

I have monster cable speaker wires connecting all but 2 of the speakers, one of the backs and the center.. they both are just using the generic wire that came with the reciever.

I noticed sometimes with high volumes, lots of sound .. I hear static.. I think it's coming from the center speaker.. is this because of the cables? If I get monster cables for the last 2, will it help or get rid of it? I would have before but I ran out of cable
Old 10-07-00, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
It is one of three things:
1) your speaker
b) your connections are not good. Try strippoing the wire and reconnecting. That might help.
III) Your speaker wire is not of high enough gauge for the amount of power going through them (though I seriously doubt this is the problem). Yo do not need Monster cable. Just get speaker wire with a higher gauge. BUT, check the first two, first.