DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD & Home Theater Gear (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear-5/)
-   -   DD / DTS 4 speakers vs. the usual 6 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear/58491-dd-dts-4-speakers-vs-usual-6-a.html)

TdHtXs 09-11-00 12:05 AM

I have all my equipment set up except for the rear speakers. You can see a list of what I have on the link below. Anyhow, my room is only 10' X 10' and I'm not really sure if I want to mount the rear speakers. I will most likely be moving within 12-16 months, and I don't really want to put holes in my parents walls.

What am I missing by not having the rear speakers wired in? The rears are pretty small (came with the center), but sounded good at the last house (pro-Logic).

Am I missing a lot by leaving the rears out? Keep in mind the room is only 10' X 10'. I know I could just wire them up and see for myself, but it's a lot easier to ask you guys first.

Are the 4 speakers playing the same DD/DTS as if all 6 were present?

Thanks

Jonathan

------------------
39 free dvd's / 35 under $10 / the rest....I can't believe what I paid for them!!

[email protected] 09-11-00 12:19 AM

I'm not speaking out of knowledge of DVD soundsystems here, but I may still have some good advice. What you could do is mount the speakers in some other form, I do however realize that not everyone (myself included in most cases) is artisticly talanted. You could mount them in an alternative form, perhaps only leaving nail holes in your parents walls, which are easy to patch, the wire could be run along the corner, and if you cared to, could be covered with molding. The molding dosn't need to be taken down afterwards if you can feed the wire through. I realize that I didn't answer your question, and that this may be more involved than you would care it to be. But I have offered an alternative way of using the speakers if you deside to, leaving minimal wall damage. I wish I could have been more helpfull.

TdHtXs 09-11-00 06:28 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [email protected]:
I'm not speaking out of knowledge of DVD soundsystems here, but I may still have some good advice. What you could do is mount the speakers in some other form, I do however realize that not everyone (myself included in most cases) is artisticly talanted. You could mount them in an alternative form, perhaps only leaving nail holes in your parents walls, which are easy to patch, the wire could be run along the corner, and if you cared to, could be covered with molding. The molding dosn't need to be taken down afterwards if you can feed the wire through. I realize that I didn't answer your question, and that this may be more involved than you would care it to be. But I have offered an alternative way of using the speakers if you deside to, leaving minimal wall damage. I wish I could have been more helpfull.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the advice! I even thought about making some kind of stands for the rears or maybe just mounting them on the bed when I watch a dvd..........

I'll figure something out!

Thanks again

Jonathan