DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Klipsch Heresy

Old 09-09-00, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have some OLD Klipsch Heresy speakers that were bought in 1985. I was wondering whether they would still be good for a HT setup. I dont have much money to spare for the receiver/ speakers so I would like to use them.

Also, the speaker wires dont have the bananaplug connectors that are needed to connect to modern receivers. Can I add these to the wires?
Old 09-09-00, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Heresy's are great speakers. Many feel that these are among best speakers Klipsch have built. You can certainly use them in a HT setup; hey are easy to drive, very efficient (require little power) and dynamic.

The one downside is trying to match the center. One option would be to use a 3rd Heresy for the center (they're pretty cheap on the net). But the size of the enclosure might make this awkward.

Try emailing Klipsch support and asking their opinion as to which center speaker in their current line up would best match the Heresy.

As to the speaker wires, most receivers will accept "bare wire". If your's does not, get some banana plugs from Radio Shack.