DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

what's the best ht-in-a-box? (speakers only)

Old 09-04-00, 02:51 PM

i'm on a resonably tight budget ($400) and was wondering if any of the packaged 5.1 surround sound speaker sets were any good?
Old 09-04-00, 05:52 PM
Retired

I have the Sony SA-VE315 package and I'm really happy with it. They are great for movies, but not that great for music. I already had some decent speakers, so I just hooked them up to the speaker B inputs on my receiver and set it to both A & B for music and it sounds great. I picked them up at Sears on sale for around $225. I believe they normally went for $350.

------------------
Josh Hinkle
My DVD's
My CD's
Old 09-06-00, 09:34 PM

I would recommend the Infinity HTS 20. They are amazingly clear satellites and in my opinion they blow away those "Bose" speakers that everyone here hates, and they cost about 1/3 less! I got my set with the an extra BU-120 subwoofer (the set comes with one along with the 5 satellites) and it ROCKS! Check them out here at:
http://www.sounddistributors.com/buy...id=249&crid=63

------------------
DJ B SINISTER
Old 09-07-00, 12:21 PM

I just bought Cambridge Soundworks "Movieworks 408". Check out http://www.audioreview.com/ for reviews. It rates 4.9 out of 5 with over 20 reviews. I got mine refurb for 400 plus a receiver, which I'm gonna sell. You can get them new for 399. The powered sub really rocks and the 5 very small speakers are awsome for movies. Just so-so for music. But I use it for movies 90% of the time.