DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD & Home Theater Gear (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear-5/)
-   -   It's All A Dream and I WILL Wake Up (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear/57901-its-all-dream-i-will-wake-up.html)

MasterofDVD 08-27-00 03:14 AM

I just moved the other day and have had a heck of a time painting and moving items around. The problems I seem to be having just keep stacking up and I I am getting weeded.

My wife and I can't agree on where the TV should go. It is not a pretty battle but I think I should be able to win it.

To make matters worse I get home tonight and find my wife watching TV. I look in the corner of my Wega and find a very noticeable discoloration on the screen!!!! I have no clue what it could be at all. We were watching it last night and it was perfect. Now I feel pretty helpless. It's midnight and I can't make any calls about it. Even if I could I can't find the warranty info cause it is all packed up. It was bought from Circuit City only because it was free thanks to months and months of beenz! I pray that warranty will hold up and they somehow have my warranty on record.

Anybody know how this works? I am no going to able to sleep at all tonight cause I am looking everywhere for that stupid receipt.

Ok....I am done venting. Thanks for listening.

------------------
Master of DVD
"Hail To The King, Baby"-Ash

The Master's Collection

heimerSWT 08-27-00 03:18 AM

My sincere condolences...

My old roommate had a problem with his DVD player several months ago, and if I recall correctly, he didn't need the receipt or warranty info to trade it in to Circuit City for a new one.

I could also be completely wrong. http://talk.dvdtalk.com/ubb/wink.gif

-heimer

heimerSWT 08-27-00 03:19 AM

and just HOW MANY beenz does it take to purchase a Wega at Circuit City anyhow?

Bill Posters 08-27-00 03:57 AM

I hope you didn't put it next to some strong magnets while you were moving...

bluedevil 08-27-00 04:18 AM

"No, it's not a dream!"

Quote from the Tall Man (Phantasm 2)

MasterofDVD 08-27-00 05:01 AM

It was moved apart from everything else. We didn't move very far. If Circuit City is going to be need the receipt then I will tear this place apart. I was able to find all my receipts and warranties except this one. I think I put it somewhere else to keep it safe. Guess I should of written a note to myself. I swear I locked it in our safe to keep it protected. I have looked in that darn safe about 5 times now and I can't believe it isn't there!!!

ARGH!!!!

Oh...and as for the Beenz...it was a long time with many accounts! But it was well worth the time up till now. I spend about 6-7 hours a day doing the "Click for DVD" sites. Right now I have over 700.00 worth of orders at Amazon that Jaboom is paying for. Just cashed out a 285.00 GC a few minutes ago. Glad I busted my butt to get to six stars. It really helps to be able to rack em up so fast.

Thanks for all the help guys. I will make sure that I post what happened when I find out. I have the CC number here and I am calling as soon as they open up.

------------------
Master of DVD

The Master's Collection

namja 08-27-00 05:42 AM

WAKE UP!!! WAKE UP!!!

Jackskeleton 08-27-00 05:44 AM

you should have taken the red pill.

MasterofDVD 08-27-00 06:22 AM

WHEW!!!!!!! I found my freakin receipt and the warranty info. You should of seen my wife and I tearing open boxes at 3am.
I finally had a revelation and remembered a bit more about where it was. Then we had to search for the envelope.
Man do I feel better now.

I am curious if the fact that we just moved will cause any problems with them. I sure hope not. My goal was to have my system back up and running by the time MIB got to my door. This sure will cut it close!

I want it to look like this again in time for MIB: LE.
http://masterofdvd.freeservers.com/theatre.html

------------------
Master of DVD

The Master's Collection

[This message has been edited by MasterofDVD (edited August 27, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by MasterofDVD (edited August 27, 2000).]

Blade 08-27-00 12:30 PM

You might want to check for a degaussing button on the TV somewhere.

Also, is there an unsheilded speaker near that side of the TV or anything that may create an electrical field (like a fan motor, or someother electrical device)? If so, try moving it and see if it goes away.

Moving to DVD and HT Hardware forum. <center>

------------------
David, Moderator of the Other Forum
I laughed, I cried, my life was changed: The Other Forum
My DVDs and HT Email: [email protected]

djones6746 08-27-00 01:07 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Blade:
[B]You might want to check for a degaussing button on the TV somewhere.

Also, is there an unsheilded speaker near that side of the TV or anything that may create an electrical field (like a fan motor, or someother electrical device)? If so, try moving it and see if it goes away.

I also had a problem years ago with a Pioneer widesreen.....the front speakers which were sitting right next to the TV were the problem!!! I support Blade's theory that maybe you have unshielded speakers sitting to close to your television!! Are the colors....green, red etc...???

Furious 08-27-00 09:26 PM

The problem could very likely be the wiring in the walls near the tv. Are you in an apartment? Some units near the main walls where the main wiring is run will experience distortion like you mentioned. In my apartment I get a noticeable distortion as well as a slight dip in the picture's rotation (one corner is now lower than the other, why the hell is it that many expensive tv's fail to have some simple service mode controls that would be found commonly on a 100-200 monitor? frustrating or what). This may also be seen in homes as well. Have you tried moving the tv to a different area? Just a thought.

electronix_kid 08-27-00 11:38 PM

If its close to a wall, most likely its close to a large electrical cable, or some kind of electromagnetic source in the wall... MOVE IT ASAP... Ive heard about this in other forums.

MasterofDVD 08-28-00 04:21 AM

Thanks for the help everyone.

The TV is moved and working fine.......for now. Could the few hours the TV was near that spot in the wall really do some long term damage? It looks perfect again but not sure if it'll last.

If anyone has any more info I swear I won't bug you all again.

------------------
Master of DVD

The Master's Collection

TdHtXs 08-28-00 04:38 AM

Sounds like somebody had a magnet on top or very close to the tv!

I can't imagine coming home to this with my Panasonic. I'd kill!!!!!!!!!!

Jonathan

------------------
Less than 5 bucks a disc, check out the list!

djones6746 08-28-00 10:21 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MasterofDVD:

The TV is moved and working fine.......for now. Could the few hours the TV was near that spot in the wall really do some long term damage? It looks perfect again but not sure if it'll last.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It should be okay!!!! I am happy to see that the forum was able to solve your problem!!!

Blade 08-28-00 08:44 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MasterofDVD:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. If there were permanent damage, the distortion would still be there. If it looks fine now, I wouldn't give it another thought.

Hope you're enjoying the new digs! http://talk.dvdtalk.com/ubb/smile.gif

-David