DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

5.1 home theater speakers

Old 08-22-00, 01:02 AM

what is the best 5.1 speaker package you can buy for under $500, and why is that the best.
I want to have a decent home theater but i dont want to spent alot on it. i allready have a receiver..

thanks a lot
Old 08-22-00, 01:20 AM

For the money, I believe it is impossible to beat this package. I have these speakers and they are unbelievable. They blow away the Energy Take 5's I was also considering at the time. I had to take a chance on these since they do not sell them in stores, but when they told me they would take them back if I wasn't fully satisfied, I took that chance. You get SO much speaker for the money with these, just look at the specs. UNBEATABLE for the money.
http://www.indexhome.com/AudioVideo/...elody_main.asp

If you are interested e-mail me and I will tell you how I got the GSMSET1 and a sub for just under $600 shipped.

------------------
"...that gum you like is going to come back in style"
Old 08-22-00, 01:30 AM

I have the Jamo Apollo speakers and I'm very pleased with the sound and quality. The 10" sub could be a little better, but for the price I paid, under $500...it was well worth it.
Old 08-22-00, 03:12 AM
SEH

I would suggest the Energy Take 5, which I was going to buy in May, but decided to go to a higher model (engergy exl-s series - I decided I had to have dipole surrounds) and buy step by step. If you like them, contact http://www.audioshop.on.ca because you can't find them any cheaper. They were going for $551.00cdn (about$367.00US) at that time, without a sub, but that can be added (go for the 10" if you can stretch your budget). Check out audioreview.com and compare what is recomended to you here and see what other have to say. In the end, you need to buy what sounds the best to you, since you are the one who has to live with it.

Good luck.
Old 08-23-00, 04:36 PM

anyone else have any advice??

thanks
Old 08-23-00, 05:12 PM

Just don't get anything from a white van parked at the side of the road...I'm being serious too!

I have Missions and they are pretty good...don't know if they're under 500 though but it won't hurt to look.