DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Dolby Digital Trailers for download

Old 08-22-00, 01:26 AM

Hi, my friend had these cool Dolby Digital Trailers that he downloaded off the net a few years ago. There were a few, but I only remember a couple...the temple and the city.

These trailers were used to "show off" the quality of Dolby Digital.

Well now that I have my own setup at home (finally), I'd like to have these trailers too, but my friend forgot where he downloaded them from.

Does anyone here know?
I appreciate any help
Old 08-22-00, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/do...ilers.html#vob

If you have a soundcard with SPDIF out and software that supports it, you can output the DD (and, depending on the software, DTS) signal through the SPDIF, into your DD/DTS receiver
Old 08-22-00, 02:53 AM

Yup, I have exactly that. I run my DVDs from my computer to my receiver and it works great and encodes in 5.1 Got a universal remote control to work it too. But it doesn't replace a real DVD system so I gotta save. Thanks for the link!!
Old 08-22-00, 03:40 AM

Would it be possible to burn these onto a CD and play them on a DVD Player? I was thinking you'd have to do it in Super Video CD format but I'm not sure how good the sound quality will be. Thought it would be a good idea to download them all and create yourself a compilation CD with all the DD/DTS trailers and use it as a sort of Home Theatre test CD.
Old 08-22-00, 04:15 PM

hmm..that's a thought and i don't see why it wouldn't work right? after all, all the information you download is digital and should be easily transferred onto a CD without losing any information.

since cds are cheap, you should give it a shot. i have my dvd player running through my computer and into the receiver so i don't have to.
Old 08-22-00, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did you know that you can BUY a DVD from Dolby Labs that has all their DD trailers? You should be able to find it at http://www.dolby.com/dstore . I believe the DVD is called "The World is Listening". Price is $15. Go get it!

Update - Here is a description of the DVD from their site:

"We've Got the Whole World Listening" The Dolby Digital Demo (version 1.5)
U.S. $15.00
This new Dolby DVD, designed for home theater use, contains a history of Dolby, the Dolby Digital story, seven Dolby trailers (Aurora, Rain, City, Train, Canyon, Egypt, and Game), and sample music in multiple formats for comparison. This DVD is non-region-specific and will play on any DVD machine worldwide. Total playing time is 58 minutes.

[This message has been edited by fantasia (edited August 22, 2000).]
Old 08-22-00, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Fantasia posted it. Dolby has been selling the Dolby Digital Trailers demo disc since early march. They sold out and pressed it as version 1.5 .

Now..only if I can find a THX demo disc .
Old 08-23-00, 09:50 AM

What would be fun in taking the easy way out and buying it? Besides it would have a DTS trailer as a bonus plus the THX trailer once it's made available for download from that site. And if there's room, why not thow in a movie trailer as well?

Only problem is downloading them all and I only have a 56k modem.