Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Anyone have a JVC RX-1028VBK or can vouch for it?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Anyone have a JVC RX-1028VBK or can vouch for it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-00, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm getting a new reciever and came across the JVC RX-1028VBK. Can anyone vouch for its performance?

It seems to have pretty much every feature imaginable (RF multiroom remote, dual room output capabilities, onscreen display/setup, etc.) and it looking very good for only $100 more than the Pioneer VSX509s.

Here JVC's page on it: http://www.jvc.com/subprod.jsp?modelId=MODL005005

Anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks guys!
Joe
Old 08-11-00, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The only problem I have with JVC is that they tend to exaggerate the power ratings for their receivers. I owned the 884, and the the power was woefully inadequate for me. I hope it's not the same for the 1028 for you.

------------------
PatCave ;HT Pix ;Pat's DVDs
Old 08-11-00, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got one last December & love it. I'm using Polk Audio speakers which aren't huge & the sound is still very loud & clear. I haven't had any problems or complaints. Played everything from VHS surround to HDCDs & DTS cds & they all sound really good. Plenty of power for a large room. Let me know how you like it if you get one.
Old 08-12-00, 04:30 AM

i have the rx-8000 which is retailed at about half of what you are looking at. the 8000 has about 100 options that i probably will never make use of so i hope you will be able to fully use the 1028's features. im pretty happy with mine, and im sure the one you are looking at has pretty much the same pros and cons that most of the the jvc receivers from this year have, so you may want to look at those other reviews as well, but basically, to clear some things up: i hear no hiss at all, and it is more than loud enough for me(i watch movies at about 40 and the volume goes up to 90, anything past 45-50 is just way too loud).