Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

AV CompuLink question

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

AV CompuLink question

Old 08-09-00, 12:49 AM
Cool New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 34
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a JVC vcr model# hp=vp634u, and it says I can use the compulink to record and pause things, my dss receiver has this output to and the function to tell the vcr to start and stop recording.....

Where do I get one of these cables can I goto radio shack and get one?? or can I buy it online somewhere.
I have searched the jvc website and dont seem to sell that cable to advertize soo much.... Any clues...

Many Thanks
Old 08-09-00, 07:36 PM
Cool New Member
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 39
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio shack has a cable that looks like the compulink wire, they call it an Attenuating Dubbing Cord. It's a cord with 1/8" headphone ends. I think you need one that is mononaural.
Old 08-10-00, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 2,864
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
actually, you don't even need a mono miniplug. you can use one of the stereo ones, too. i used an extra one that came with my computer speakers to connect my VCR and DVD player so everything would work w/ 1 remote.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.