DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Toshiba 2200?

Old 07-21-00, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have recently decided to get rid of the old Proscan and upgrade to a new player, the Toshiba 2200 has caught my eye and is in my limited price range(
Old 07-21-00, 08:39 AM

I might have got hold of a lemon,but the one I ordered had loading problems with Sleepy Hollow and it had a shimmering problem.I used to own a Sony DVP-S3000 and it played every DVD I threw at it for 2 1/2 years without a problem.I now have a Pioneer DV-333 and have had no problems at all.It loads a lot faster than the 2200 and it looks and sounds very good as well.
Old 07-21-00, 01:56 PM

The ony problem I have had so far has been on the Abyss disc 2 pseudo-Multi Angle feature. Eveything else has played fine.
Old 07-22-00, 12:47 AM
VSL

I don't normally trash any product as you can get a lemon in anything, but Toshiba is rising to the top of my S*** List every time I get a new DVD in and it refuses to load it in or locks up at some point. Right now i have a problem with ID4, Volcano, Abyss, about 3 or 4 of the Season One X-Files Disks, and several Disney's.

It has gotten to the point that when I get a new disk in I cross my fingers while inserting it.

Toshiba = What DVD wasn't meant to be.
Old 07-22-00, 01:40 AM

I have never had a problem with any disc in mine. However, I don't have The Abyss or ID4, but played numerous others without a flaw. I've been very happy with mine.

------------------
"...that gum you like is going to come back in style"