DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD & Home Theater Gear (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear-5/)
-   -   Where to Find Used HT hardware online? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear/56534-where-find-used-ht-hardware-online.html)

electronix_kid 07-16-00 06:22 PM

I wanna get a used Stereo amp about 50watts to power my Passive Subwoofer, where can i find sites that sell used electronics? If any of you have old stereo amplifires about 40-50watts, e-mail me @ [email protected].

------------------
Toshiba SD-2109, Luxman Amp. NEC Pro-Logic Processor... I want 5.1!!!
HELP! I'M TRAPPED IN A 14 YR. OLDS' BODY!!!!!!

jumbojp 07-16-00 07:33 PM

Try:
www.tsto.com www.audioreview.com/market/

brilon 07-16-00 07:42 PM

The above two are pretty good,but you should also check out www.audiogon.com

jpcamb 07-18-00 11:08 AM

dont forget ebay!

stevevt 07-18-00 01:01 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by electronix_kid:
I wanna get a used Stereo amp about 50watts to power my Passive Subwoofer, where can i find sites that sell used electronics? If any of you have old stereo amplifires about 40-50watts, e-mail me @ [email protected].
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would you want a stereo amp to power a sub? I'm assuming you're talking about a 2-channel amp. You only have 1 channel to power, so why not get a mono-block amp that you don't have to bridge, unless you want to be able to use it as a 2-channel amp in the future?

Anyhow, look at monblock amps by AudioSource or Marantz.

-S

[This message has been edited by stevevt (edited July 18, 2000).]

stevevt 07-18-00 03:58 PM

Nick,

I'm keeping this discussion online so that others can benefit from the info.

>You asked:
>
> Do you think used monoblock amps >are cheaper than used Stereo amps?

My answer: They should be around the same price, or maybe a bit more expensive, but they will work better.

What's your budget?

-S

electronix_kid 07-18-00 04:06 PM

I just need any kind of amp apprix. 50 watts, below $30 (S&H is really expensive), any age, i've seen some old Kenwood Stereo amps for about that price too. I might look into stereo amp, incase i need another amp if i try the Fake 6.1 with my existing ProLogic Processor. Got any ideas?

------------------

stevevt 07-18-00 04:34 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by electronix_kid:
I just need any kind of amp apprix. 50 watts, below $30 (S&H is really expensive), any age, i've seen some old Kenwood Stereo amps for about that price too. I might look into stereo amp, incase i need another amp if i try the Fake 6.1 with my existing ProLogic Processor. Got any ideas?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check the want-ads of your local newspaper. That will save you the S&H. I don't have a lot of experience with amps in that price range; I think that you might be better off saving and buying something in the $150 used range. I also don't think that 40-50 watts is enough for a sub. BTW, what kind of sub do you have?

-S

electronix_kid 07-18-00 05:15 PM

I have a passive AudioSource Subwoofer, currently im doing a crossover, passing the L/R channel signals through the sub first, then to my speaks.

------------------