Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

RCA dvd player problems

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

RCA dvd player problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-00, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I purchased an RCA DVD player in Feb of 2000. 95 days later it had problems reading the disks. The solution to this problem from RCA is for me to send my machine back to be fixed. Parts are covered under the warrenty, however labor is going to cost me $95.00. I think this is outrageous! A machine not even 4 months old and I have to pay another $100! My sister just purchased another model of an RCA player and it is starting to give them the same problem. Is anyone else having the same problem with their RCA player? If so maybe it is a defect with the players! Please post or e-mail me @ [email protected]
Old 07-10-00, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RCA is terrible. My RCA player gave me nothing but trouble when it came to newer discs.

That's why I just sold my RCA 5220-P model, and took that money and used it to buy a brand new Toshiba 1200. I'm much happier with the Toshiba, and it's got the latest firmware and I have no trouble with the discs that gave the RCA player fits ("Dr. No" and "The Man With the Golden Gun" in particular).

Also, this one has component video connections for my Toshiba TV and the RCA did not.

On the way out of Best Buy with my Toshiba player I saw another poor soul buying the RCA 5220-P. I seriously came close to telling him to take it back in and exchange it for another!! But he looked happy and I didn't want to upset him....

Anyway, if I were you I would sell it or exchange or just go get a new machine whenever you're able. I hate to come down on the American brands, but they just don't seem to measure up to the Japanese brands.