Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Help me choose my next TV

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Help me choose my next TV

Old 06-13-00, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I am almost ready to buy my first big screen tv . One thing for sure though is that I am going to get a HDTV ready set. I was looking at the 40' Toshiba WS which was really nice, but I decided to wait and see what your opinions are. I need to know things like what are the advantages and disadvatages of a widescreen tv. My viewing lifestyle consistes of watching movies, satellite tv, and video games. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Old 06-13-00, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Choose widescreen vs. standard based on the percentage of time you watch widescreen DVD vs. "standard" aspect ratio television + video games.

Just a few notes:

1- Once you've seen widescreen anomorphic DVD on a widescreen progressive display, you'll probably be willing to make sacrifices in other areas.

2- Video games have a high burn-in potential on widescreen rear-projection televisions because of the 4x3 image AND continuous display images.