Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Paradigm cheaper in Canada?

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Paradigm cheaper in Canada?

Old 05-29-00, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Is it true that Paradigm speakers are much cheaper to purchase in Canada? If so, can anyone recommend a shop in the Montreal area? I'll be heading up there soon. Thanks!

Old 05-29-00, 09:44 PM

Hey Horchata,

There's only a couple shops in Montreal that sell Paradigm, but a very good one is Codell Audio.

They consistently give me good prices.

The guy I deal with all the time is Kristian (good guy).

You can call them @ 514-xxx-xxxx. You have to see them in person for good deals though. Over the phone they only quote retail.

Anyway, tell em ------ sent ya!

Cheers

Last edited by tricky76; 01-11-11 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-29-00, 11:00 PM

From what I've seen, Paradigms' in the US and Canada are priced almost the same, but not quite. The difference is the exchange rate for the dollar---about a year and half ago I bought a PS1000 for $500. cdn. Its the taxes that will kill you, but remember that you can get a refund of the GST if you actually come to Canada and buy them.
Old 05-31-00, 12:53 PM

Thanks for your help everyone. So, is it true then that the numerical amount for Paradigms are the same in Canada as in the US, but you benefit from the exchange rate? i.e. they are $300 both here and there, but you save 30% with the exchange rate? Thanks again.
Old 05-31-00, 07:17 PM

I just found an ad in a newspaper for the place I bought my Paradigms' from. CC350-$369., Minimonitors-$399 and PDR10-$449. I hope this gives you an idea of what you can save if you buy them up here.
Old 06-01-00, 02:30 AM

I picked up one pair of Monitor 5's and two pairs of sheilded Mini-Monitors for $1175 taxes in. I got this at AudioVision (great service from John) in Lasalle (Montreal) after shopping around.
I would NOT recommend Codell (their price was +$200!), after I bought my Rotel pre-amp there a while ago and wanted to trade-up for a newer model....their prices suddenly jumped(to MSRP) and my trade-in "was not worth that much". Then Issie had the nerve to say that I wouldn't really be upgrading with the newer Rotel, why not buy an EAD instead?
Avoid these clowns!