Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Help with DVD Player hookup options for Mom!

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Help with DVD Player hookup options for Mom!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-00, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My mother is interested in a DVD Player and currently has an older Sony Pro-Logic receiver with only two video inputs. Presently, i have the DSS and VCR using the two inputs. I told her i could run the DSS through the VCR but it would require her to have the VCR on all the time when watching DSS. what are my options to getting a DVD Player in this setup with as little trouble as possible? i was thinking about a video switcher for the VCR/DVD Player. how much would i pay for a simple two device switcher?

She wants as few buttons to push as possible and upgrading the receiver right now is not an option.

thanks,
Basset
Old 05-30-00, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would run the DSS through the VCR as you suggested. At least this would allow her to record movies if she wanted to. Leaving the vcr on to watch tv is no big deal.

Mike
Old 05-30-00, 12:57 PM
ripthorne

Jere is one for $20 at Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000031WCH/ref=/qid=959694990/sr=1-18/002-0191876-9648068

It has s-video too.

------------------
-- I HATE dead people.
-- There's a reason why writers don't live very long. Yeah, people like you, 'cause you're the devil. Why don't you finally admit it? Say it! "I'm the devil!" Say it!
My Cheesy DVD List..., my webpage isn't done yet