Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Any Toshiba 6109c and OFA 9800/8800 remote users? Help.(Long)

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Any Toshiba 6109c and OFA 9800/8800 remote users? Help.(Long)

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-00, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well. I just got my One for All 9800 remote in and I love it except:

It is not controlling my 6109c Receiver/DVD Player properly. I am able to get some use of the receiver using the Onkyo 0135 code. I can control the dvd player somewhat using the Toshiba DVD code as well. However, I cannot get the receiver code to switch to the remote or the dvd player code.
TIA
I just wanted to post this here and see if any others users with this combo had any advice. In addition, if you are using the 8080, the 9800/8800 is the same but with some additional learning keys. Therefore, your input is valuable to me.

Any users of the Cinema 7, I am aware that some keys can be programmed with advanced codes for individual functions. However, I don't know if the 9800 will accept a magic 9-9-4 (?) programming. If anyone knows the answer, I'd appreciate it.

------------------
Why my wife hates the Internet
Old 05-16-00, 08:18 PM
BEC

RemoteCentral.com is a better forum for these kinds of questions (One for all forum).

I think the 9800 has advanced codes and key copy, but only allows them for certain keys. JUST TRY programing an advanced code to test your remote.

Here's an example: for tosh code 0503, the disk eject code is 400. To program eject to an arbitrary testkey, the sequence is:

DVD*magic**9*9*4*magic*4*0*0*testkey**

* is one light blink
** two blinks after you hold the key down for a few seconds

Try a few different testkeys (learning, numbers, mute, vol,...). It should take less than 10 minutes to see what works on the 9800.

If you can program advanced codes, you can find a list of advanced codes at starbase314.com .

You can also try to copy keys from the receiver source to dvd (and vice versa).E.g. the mute button for receiver can be reassigned to the mute of the DVD:

magic**9*9*4*rcvr*mute*dvd*mute**

That'll let you combine keys from rcvr to
dvd. Unfortunately, you can't copy learned functions or adv. codes.

If 994 programming works, bone-up on all the programming tricks from the cinema 7:
http://ampersand.hypermart.net/one_f...nema_7_faq.htm

Old 05-17-00, 12:27 PM

BEC:

Thanks for the input. I have posted this at remotecentral. I just figured with so many DVDTalkers having gotten the 6109c at Mobshop over the last few months, someone might have run into this problem. I have also been to the Cinema 7 FAQ and starbase314. I think the best solution may end up being to simply copy some of the receiver keys to the DVD control. I was mainly looking for a way to switch the receiver to a DVD source without having to get up and manually switch.

I have tried to program individual keys with advanced codes but no luck. The 9800 is LCD menu driven and lacks a magic key per se. While the Cinema 7 could use the star-setup key and look for light flashes, I don't see how to do this on the 9800. I.e., holding down the setup key only brings up the menu on the LCD. In fact, there is a menu screen specifically for copying keys from one function to another.

Thanks for the help. Again, all input is appreciated and I will post with any solution I find.
Old 05-17-00, 06:20 PM

Does you OFA remote switch the power on and off on the 6190c?
Old 05-18-00, 12:57 PM

Before I start, thanks to Rob over at Remotecentral.com for the following info. I am quoting verbatim from his post. For anyone interested in the discussion above I have found a solution to the quandry of programming advanced codes on the 8800/9800 OFA remote. You must have the advanced codes. As BEC mentioned a good list of these can be obtained at http://www.starbase314.com You can also request them from OFA.

quote:<HR>Here are the instructions for programming advanced codes on the Prod8:

KEY MAGIC

This feature allows you to duplicate functions from your original remote by
programming the advancedcode for that function onto a key on the remote. (You
can order the Advanced Function Codes for your equipment on this site.) This
feature will NOT work on keys that already have more than one function on them
that are accessed using the SHIFT key

1.Find the 3-digit advanced code for the original function of your remote.
2.HOLD DOWN the MAGIC button until the screen reads TIMED SEQ.
3.TAP the MENU DOWN (-) button twice, the screen will read CONFIGURE.
4.TAP the SELECT button, the screen will read THEATR SEL.
5.TAP the MENU DOWN (-) button five times, the screen will read KEY MOVER.
6.TAP the SELECT button, the screen will read FROM.
7.TAP the DEVICE button where you wish to take the function FROM.
8.TAP the MAGIC button and release
9.ENTER the 3-digit Advanced Code for the function on your original remote.
10.TAP the DEVICE button where you want to move TO.
11.TAP the button you want to move the function TO, the screen will go back to
the main display.

Now the button you selected will operate the function you desired.

note : replace the magic key with the setup key.<HR>

Here is plug for Rob's remotes web site. http://www.nettrash.com/users/remotes/

Idex: Although I can now program advanced codes onto the tuner, I am still unable to get the power on/off to work. Any ideas or are you having that problem as well?

[This message has been edited by MikeS (edited May 18, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by MikeS (edited May 18, 2000).]
Old 05-18-00, 07:13 PM

Yep, it seems that I can control most of the functions on the 6109 but no power? hmm