DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD & Home Theater Gear (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear-5/)
-   -   Need help with Logitech Harmony One using Directv (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear/555514-need-help-logitech-harmony-one-using-directv.html)

bootsy 05-22-09 09:29 PM

Need help with Logitech Harmony One using Directv

I need serious help with a couple of things. I just bought a Harmony One and I wanted to know if there is a way to program the Harmony One to power on/off both my TV and Directv receiver at the same time. I could do this with the Directv remote but don't know how to do it with Harmony One.

Also, I have a Toshiba HD-DVD player A2 and it has all of the options on the Harmony except how to power off and on. When I hit watch a dvd it powers it on but how do I turn the HD-DVD player off using the Harmony One. Is this something I need to program.

If someone can help me on how to do these two things I would definitely appreciate it.

shaun3000 05-23-09 12:22 AM

Re: Need help with Logitech Harmony One using Directv

Use the Logitech software and follow the wizard. Add each device and then set up actions for those devices. So you want a Watch TV action that uses your TV, DirecTV receiver, and whatever else (AV Receiver) you use. It will turn those devices on when you start the activity and turn off anything you don't need when you select a different activity. Hitting the power button on the remote will turn everything off.

Try setting activities for the DVD player first and see if that solves your problem. If not, you'll need to dig into the device options to add the power on/off commands. Try re-adding the device, make sure you get the model number right.

bootsy 05-23-09 01:51 AM

I think the Watch TV function is working fine now but I am still have problems with Watch DVD. I have it set up so when I click Watch DVD it should turn the tv on and go to HDMI 3 input and turn the dvd player on. Instead when I hit Watch DVD it turns the TV on and dvd player but stays at HDMI 1. I keep having to click the Help button to get to HDMI3. What am I doing wrong. I have everything set up like I want to.

SUPERMANROB 05-23-09 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by bootsy (Post 9461870)
I think the Watch TV function is working fine now but I am still have problems with Watch DVD. I have it set up so when I click Watch DVD it should turn the tv on and go to HDMI 3 input and turn the dvd player on. Instead when I hit Watch DVD it turns the TV on and dvd player but stays at HDMI 1. I keep having to click the Help button to get to HDMI3. What am I doing wrong. I have everything set up like I want to.

Redo your set up menu's with all your devices and if that doesn't clear it up just call Harmony for help,they have great CS and they will do it for you.

spankasmurf 05-23-09 11:58 AM

I don't have the Harmony One but rather an 880 but had a similar problem with controlling my TV. It wouldn't switch to the correct source input after powering on the TV. I ended up increasing one of the delay times (interkey I believe) - apparently the remote was sending the source input change too fast after turning on the TV for the TV to respond.

I second contacting Logitech support. After several years, the PLAY key command for my DVD player just suddenly stopped working. I emailed Logitech support about it and they added a PLAY2 command to my setup on the website. I then went to the setup site, updated my remote, it placed the new command on my remote and worked perfectly.

Good Luck.

Sdallnct 05-23-09 07:52 PM

Does this happen only when you first turn the TV on? If so, then delay may be the answer.

I had to put a pretty substantial delay on my projector for it wouldn't accept the input signal until the pj was "warmed up" for a second or two.

bootsy 05-24-09 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sdallnct (Post 9462768)
Does this happen only when you first turn the TV on? If so, then delay may be the answer.

I had to put a pretty substantial delay on my projector for it wouldn't accept the input signal until the pj was "warmed up" for a second or two.

Yes I did try the delay and it seems to be working better now. Thanks for all of your help.