Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Paradigm Monitor 7s?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-00, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi--Im in the long haul of upgrading my HT. I just got a Sony DB-930, and am desperately looking to upgrade my speakers (I currently am using Bose 301's---UGGH). I have heard Nothing but FANTASTIC things about the Monitor 7's. I use my HT for 90% DVD and 10% music. Anybody care to share their thoughts on the Monitor 7s?
Old 05-03-00, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sure will be better than your 301's, but the 301's are probably the best of the Bose line so you may want to use them as rears. The Monitor 7's are ok, I don't like the tweeter on them at all, but you might. They make a pretty good budget speaker. For movie purposes they are probably more than adequate, but do yourself a favor and listen to some others so you have a good basis for comparison.
Old 05-03-00, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Michael Sheridan:
Hi--Im in the long haul of upgrading my HT. I just got a Sony DB-930, and am desperately looking to upgrade my speakers (I currently am using Bose 301's---UGGH). I have heard Nothing but FANTASTIC things about the Monitor 7's. I use my HT for 90% DVD and 10% music. Anybody care to share their thoughts on the Monitor 7s?<HR>

I have the Moniter 7s. I'm pretty impressed with them and I don't consider them to be a "budget speaker" really. I use the Mini Moniters as my surrounds, which are matched with the 7s, so I really don't think you'd want to keep your Bose speakers as surrounds. These are powered by a Denon AV-R 3300. I'm hardly a pretentious "audiophile", just a guy who enjoys music and movies. Maybe, if you're in the same boat as me, you'd be happy with the Moniter 7s. On the other hand, if you frequent places like alt.home-theater.misc and spend all of your time reading and responding to posts about so-called "elite" HT equipment and very, very little time actually enjoying music and movies, you might consider something less "budget"-minded.
Old 05-04-00, 01:38 PM

I am also in the market for Paradigm speakers. I listened to both the Monitor 7s and 9s and thought the 9s were worth the price difference. Both were good, but I thought the bass was much better on the 9s. Does anyone else want to compare the 7s and the 9s? I would love to hear what you guys think between these two speakers. I have not seen many direct comparisons. Thanks.
Old 05-04-00, 04:58 PM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by uvadvd:
I am also in the market for Paradigm speakers. I listened to both the Monitor 7s and 9s and thought the 9s were worth the price difference. Both were good, but I thought the bass was much better on the 9s. Does anyone else want to compare the 7s and the 9s? I would love to hear what you guys think between these two speakers. I have not seen many direct comparisons. Thanks.<HR>

The 9s have "more" bass, but I wouldn't say
they have "better" bass than the 7s. I think
they sound a bit bloated compared to the 7s,
so, IMHO, spending less on the 7s will yield
better quality sound.

------------------
-------
DVD Toolkit | Audio 101 | Stereo411 (The Ultimate Audio Resource!)