Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Samsung Blu Ray BD-1500 firmware question.

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 04-07-09, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last week I updated the firmware to this player because it wouldn't play the new bond discs properly. (The disc would load, but the movie wouldn't, only the menu). Once I updated the FW, the disc played fine. BUT! Now the player will not read DVD's at all. Anytime I put a dvd into the player it won't load and the player says "No Disc". Has anyone else had this problem? If so is it fixable. As much as I love the updatable firmware, I hate worrying about the side effects of it!
Old 04-07-09, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Samsung Blu Ray BD-1500 firmware question.

And this would be why I hate placing the burden of updating firmware on the consumer.
Old 04-07-09, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ScissorPuppy
Last week I updated the firmware to this player because it wouldn't play the new bond discs properly. (The disc would load, but the movie wouldn't, only the menu). Once I updated the FW, the disc played fine. BUT! Now the player will not read DVD's at all. Anytime I put a dvd into the player it won't load and the player says "No Disc". Has anyone else had this problem? If so is it fixable. As much as I love the updatable firmware, I hate worrying about the side effects of it!
How did you update your firmware USB or over the internet? I highly suggest you never update your firmware via the internet. Download it again and install via a USB stick. I have the same problem with a bad firmware install and this corrected the problem.

Go here to download the most recent firmware update. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/do...sp_nm=BD-P1500
Old 03-12-10, 09:39 AM

I heard there is a FW update for the BDP1500 that will enable it to play avi files? True or False? How do I do the FW update and should I use the USB port? Any tips or advice regarding this would be great, thanks. Cheers.
Old 03-12-10, 09:40 AM

also, what is the benefit of doing a firmware update?
Old 03-12-10, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,299 Likes on 943 Posts

Can't answer the first question but as to how to do the update... there should be instructions in your owners manual. Or check online at Samsung's website. I have a Panasonic and all the instructions are in both places.

The benefit of a firmware update is making sure your player is working the best it can. If you have issues with discs not playing, might be fixed with updates.You might get added features.
Old 03-26-10, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by redcapeman
I heard there is a FW update for the BDP1500 that will enable it to play avi files? True or False? How do I do the FW update and should I use the USB port? Any tips or advice regarding this would be great, thanks. Cheers.
Not really sure they would come out with this or not. Why? I bought one of the players you have. Being I have over 11TB of AVI files on my network I took this back and bought the BD=P3600 model. At 1st it was just for the AVI, then I seen it came with a network card. Something at the time I did not know sold for $80/100. On top the you have have to have a Samsung WFi card to use with this unit(All), unless you want to go cable.

Q