DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Sony BDP-S350 BR player vs. Starship Troopers?

Old 03-21-09, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sony BDP-S350 BR player vs. Starship Troopers?

Anyone else have problems getting their Sony 350 to play Starship Troopers? I'm pretty sure I've got the latest firmware. I got the upgrade disk from Sony a few months ago. I can get the loading bar to appear, then the TV just remains black. No video or audio, and its not the disk.
Old 03-21-09, 05:58 PM

Re: Sony BDP-S350 BR player vs. Starship Troopers?

I own a 350 and had the same problem with Starship troopers,what you have to do is buy a 1 or 2gb usb flash drive(they sell them everywhere target, best buy ect... for between 10 and 15 bucks) and plug it into the back of your 350.Starship troopers will not play unless you do this.Once you plug the flashdrive in it will work like a charm.Remember to get flash drive memory not regular memory. I guess the problem with the starship troopers blu ray is that it tries to read the hard drive and the 350 does'nt have one.So who knows how many blu rays in the future will have this problem so your best bet is to just go out and get the flash drive plug it in to the back of the 350 and leave it there

Last edited by NEUMANN; 03-21-09 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-22-09, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Sony BDP-S350 BR player vs. Starship Troopers?

Thanks. Yeah I ended up figuring that out and have a few 2Gb ones on hand luckily.