Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Speaker Stands

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-00, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have rather large bookself speakers as mains

19-1/2" x 12" x 9-1/2"

The taller speaker stands seem to have smaller platforms. I did a measurement and i need stands about 24 inches or higher (28 would be perfect). Should I stick to 24 or move down to 16 or less where I can get a larger platform to place the speakers upon. Does anyone know of any stands that would work well with my speakers. Thanks.

Old 04-19-00, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
28" seems rather tall to me for those speakers to be at ear-level. there are a lot of speaker stands at www.audioadvisor.com and you might find one to your liking. I've got a pair of 28" metal stands from API (Mirage parent company) and I believe the top bases are about 5inch squares. I don't know if the bases truly get much bigger as the stand gets shorter. Audio Advisor sells some pretty high-end stands though, maybe something might work for you. You could also try to make something up youself. I used to use cinder blocks stacked up double wide to hold my speakers, pretty nice for the price.