Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

On-line Authorized Onkyo Dealers?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

On-line Authorized Onkyo Dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-00, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone said there were 4 dealers online, but they didn't say who they were! Anyone know which are "authorized"? Tried Onkyo's site, but they only list B&M.

Theweb-shop?
Onecall?
Old 04-12-00, 08:37 PM
BEC

F*CK theweb-shop. They are crooks! Do a search - they have a horrible rep. They are authorized to rip off your credit card and never ship.

Authorized dealers are pricier:

jandr has the 777 for $849.99 and they are authorized.

Worst case, crutchfield is authorized. 777 for $999!

Try to demo from a BM store first. Much easier to do returns (no shipping charge).

Damn Taco - you have too many posts to keep up with!
Old 04-12-00, 09:39 PM

Yea, I've been in a shopping frenzy the last few days. Keep bouncing around to different units.

Here's what thewebshop says about being authorized. "All vendors who ship for Theweb-shop.com buy direct from the manufacturer and the merchandise carries a full USA warranty."

Not sure if I buy that, since the manufacturers seems to be very tight (at least Onkyo and NHT which I'm looking at)

Old 04-12-00, 09:40 PM
pmf

Taco:

Soundcity carries Onkyo and they should be reliable enough. As for being an 'authorized dealer' really doesn't add anything to the product but the price esp. for consumer graded electronics - now high ends may be somewhat different. I checked with a local service center after I bought my 939 mailed order 2 years ago. All they would ask you to show for service is a dated invoice proving the item is still under warranty period.

The way to go is to look at the advertisements in Hi Fi magazines (Sound & Vision, etc.) to see who advertises & carries Onkyo. I suppose using one of the internet search engines should work as well. Then you either call or checkout their website for prices, shipping, etc. Good Luck.

Btw, you have mail.

PF
Old 04-12-00, 09:46 PM
pmf

Damn Taco. It wasn't until I submitted the last post that I realize you don't have your e-mail address listed. E-mail me @ [email protected] for further details.

PF
Old 04-12-00, 10:30 PM
BEC

DON'T USE THEWEB-SHOP!!

Here's a thread (where yours truly was screwed by them):
http://talk.dvdtalk.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/004138.html

And there are many other threads!

They lie about everything: backorders, shipping times, the fact the item shipped at all, and God forbid you try to cancel or return a DOA product. You'll have a charge for months with no product in sight.

Old 04-12-00, 11:17 PM

Forgot I didn't list my e-mail. Anyway, I just switched ISP's last month, so it would have been wrong anyway! My main e-mail is [email protected] (free service, but you get what you pay for!). I'm also at [email protected], but I don't check there often.

I'd e-mail you now, but I'm logged in at Altavista right now (Freewwweb gets screwy prety often) and the e-mail sucks (got to log in twice as I don't have it hooked to Outlook).
Old 04-12-00, 11:33 PM

I can highly recomend www.onecall.com. I recently purchased a 575 from them that they price matched to a low price from netmarket.com. Fast shipping (double boxed) and friendly CSR's.