Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Onkyo 575-X

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-00, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I keep reading here about the Onkyo 575-X. It sounds like a great receiver for a decent price. I was wondering if someone could tell me where this is for sale at a good price on the net, I can't seem to find it anywhere. If possible can I get some pricing info on the Onkyo 575 regular model as well.
Old 04-10-00, 02:38 PM

got my onkyo 575 shipped from yawaaudio.com around christmas for about $430 shipped if i remember correctly. great reciever!
Old 04-10-00, 04:05 PM

The 575-X is the newest version. Pjmorris, the one you got around xmas is the TX-DS575, which the 575-X replaces.

I have yet to see the X model anywhere.
Old 04-10-00, 04:30 PM
BEC

I haven't seen the 575-x either. This is the only post I know of that even describes the 575-x: http://talk.dvdtalk.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/002872.html

If you can live w/last year's model, netmarket has the 575 (no x) for $354, before shipping and tax. Depending on where you live, could be a real good deal.

No s-video, but a solid performer.

(Yes, you have to apply for membership - but you can always cancel later to avoid the yearly fee)

[This message has been edited by BEC (edited April 10, 2000).]
Old 04-10-00, 04:43 PM

i was going to purchase the 575 from netmarket but i heard unfavorable things about their customer service and shipping times.
Old 04-10-00, 09:15 PM

Re: Netmarket and Onkyo

Before you purchase an Onkyo product from Netmarket you should know that, at least for the moment, the supplier/dealer that Netmarket uses is not considered to be an authorized distributor by Onkyo (in other words, no warranty coverage).

According to the woman I spoke with in the head office at Netmarket, it is an issue they are actively working to get resolved, but she couldn't give me a definite timetable.

- RightD