DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD & Home Theater Gear (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear-5/)
-   -   panasonic dmr es20 dvd recorder ? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear/549372-panasonic-dmr-es20-dvd-recorder.html)

sportman1 02-06-09 12:11 AM

panasonic dmr es20 dvd recorder ?

Have a panasonic dmr es20 dvd recorder. I tape GH everyday. Its programed to tape automatically. Switched it out to tape a nighttime program but when I put GH back in it said this disc is not formulatedproperly.,do you want to format disc in management. If you say yes it says disc will erase all contents. Don't want to erase, want to see the GH I've been taping. I may have pushed something accidently. Can you tell me how to fix this.

Brian Shannon 02-06-09 07:15 AM

Re: panasonic dmr es20 dvd recorder ?

Sounds like you did not finalize the disc.

Spiky 02-06-09 09:37 AM

What kind of disc? Is it clean? The recorder should be able to read anything it created, finalized or not.

sportman1 02-06-09 12:06 PM

I am using dvd ram err is flashing can not play dvd

Brian Shannon 02-06-09 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by sportman1 (Post 9249368)
I am using dvd ram err is flashing can not play dvd

Sounds like you need to go back to square one.

Perhaps you have not been recording anything at all? If you have then it sounds like the disc maybe damaged. Also try another disc to be sure the player has not all of a sudden developed a problem.

sportman1 02-06-09 12:32 PM

. I put in another dvd works fine when I put GH in the panasonic dmr es20 dvd recorder. it dose not work all other dvds work

Brian Shannon 02-06-09 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by sportman1 (Post 9249455)
. I put in another dvd works fine when I put GH in the panasonic dmr es20 dvd recorder. it dose not work all other dvds work

Then I think you have finished troubleshooting your problem.

sportman1 02-06-09 12:57 PM

I put GH in the panasonic dmr es20 dvd recorder it did not work ?

Brian Shannon 02-06-09 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by sportman1 (Post 9249515)
I put GH in the panasonic dmr es20 dvd recorder it did not work ?

Exactly.

That disc is the problem if other discs work in the player.

I know that is not what you want to hear, sorry.

Spiky 02-06-09 04:18 PM

I have the previous model Panny, but have not used -RAM, so I'm not quite sure what normal is. Still, it does sound like this disc got corrupted or something. Sorry, man.

Maybe if you have -RAM capability in your PC you could look at it and get more details. But again, I don't know the file structure or anything, so I don't have specifics to suggest.

rw2516 02-06-09 04:33 PM

At this point you have nothing to lose so, stick the disc in, go into dvd management, reformat the disc, record something on it(just a few minutes), and then see if it is on the disc and you can watch it. if that works, go ahead and set the timer for any program with that disc and see if youu get the program and can watch it.

mike7162 02-06-09 07:47 PM

I have 2 panny ram recorders, and that message is pretty much the kiss of death, at least for the data. Even after re-formatting it, anything I recorded on the disc afterward would stutter terribly. Unless you can find a way to extract the data in your computer, it's probably best to chuck the disc.