Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

To all looking for Energy speakers - an official Energy response

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

To all looking for Energy speakers - an official Energy response

Old 01-27-00, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I noticed that several people (including myself) were looking for Energy speakers online and having a hard time finding them. I thought you might be interested in the response I received from Energy on the issue this morning. Enjoy

My message:

Hi, I'm interested in purchasing the e:XL-S10 subwoofer. Could you point me to some internet sites that sell the subwoofer. Thank you.

Response:

Greetings
We as a company do not support on-line purchasing at this time, and we feel it is a detriment to the Audio/Video Retailer. They have the ability of displaying, demonstrating, installing, and of course stocking products. They can also assist with set-up, wiring, and even service related issues. Home theaters are not snap together easy, and we feel this is the best way to maintain the quality of service our customers deserve.
If any purchases are made by consumers through unauthorized retailers, like on-line companies, the consumer is left with product with questionable origin, and no factory warranty, service, or support.
If you would like information on alternative dealers in your area, send me a message with your location, and zip code, and I will find some for you. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Regards
Joe Fraser
ENERGY Loudspeakers

Old 01-27-00, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sometimes I just have to question people's wisdom.
Old 01-28-00, 04:40 AM
Cool New Member

My only problem with this is that all of the dealers he would give us will sell them as MSRP. Most warranties are a joke anyway, and if you can find them cheaper, go for it. People have been talking about the shop in Canada. That is a real retailer, but sells cheaper. If he uses a site to sell his product, good for him. Energy has a site. And most people do not need that much help to put a system together, at least not a system that includes speakers like the Take 5. The more money they can get you to spend, the happier they are going to be.
Old 01-28-00, 07:39 AM
RKS

I found only 1 local Energy dealer who refuses to return messages (no one ever answers the phone)in an attempt to set up a time to demo/purchase speakers.
What type of 'official' customer service or support can I expect from him??????
Old 01-28-00, 09:00 AM

My local dealer is pretty nice, with friendly guys and good demo rooms. Problem is, I ain't paying no MSRP for speakers. That's why I demo them locally and buy them online. Energy's gotta know this is common practice.

------------------
(This message has been edited by Damn Dirty Apes!)
Old 01-28-00, 10:36 AM
Cool New Member

Hellmutt,

Wisdom? You mean they need some. Not everybody needs assistance, and if they do, they will gladly go to a retailer. If they don't need assistance, than online ordering is the way to go, don't they understand this.

Verns Man
Old 01-28-00, 03:57 PM

Dont worry about Energy and their warranties. I have dealt with the warranty people before, and they tell you just to give them a call and send in the blown driver(or whatever the problem is) in any old box and they will send you back a new one. No questions asked, no need to send a reciept, etc(they dont even care how it got the way it was, despite what the warranty info says) I was very happy when I heard this, this is the kind of service you expect from a good company. On the flip side, when places like Circuit City try to say "Yeah but you dont get our extra blah blah blah protection" I tell them to go shove it up their... Well you get the picture.
Old 01-28-00, 04:47 PM

Anyone tried www.costsheets.com?
Old 04-02-00, 09:48 PM

So, let me see..........

You demo locally then buy online..

And you still want to demo locally 10 (5 or 2 ) years from now when your local dealer(s) go bust? Then where will you be, but trusting the reviewer's daily moodswings?

------------------
Old 04-02-00, 09:51 PM

How in the hell did you find this topic? I figured it must have been removed from the archives by now. Talk about bringing something back from the dead...
Old 04-03-00, 11:12 AM

Well, since that was addressed to me, I'll reply.

billedmonds, yes I do normally demo them locally and order them online. I support good service, but I'm not stupid. Why should I pay $699 for a pair of speakers when I could get them for $520 for instance? When a local store shows they could come close (not necessarily match) a good online price, then I go locally. Hell, the other day I went down to my local Myer-Emco to grab some speaker cables and banana plugs. It seems those are the only things they actually sell for less than MSRP. I unconsciously "rewarded" them for that. Not that that's a big deal or anything.

I usually buy athletic equipment, clothes, and tons of computer hardware locally. Because I can find them locally at prices competitive to online. It's not an exact science, sheesh! Just a matter of balancing convenience versus price.
Old 04-03-00, 11:17 AM

Have to agree. If they come close I'll go local, BUT if those SOBs try to charge me close to retail and then add sales tax PLUS some b*llshit delivery charge they can suck me; I'm going elsewhere.
Old 04-03-00, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts
I bought mine from www.audioshop.on.ca. Good customer service and cheap prices. I received it in two days, shipped FedEx.
Old 04-03-00, 02:28 PM

Thanks, got my exl-s10 from there, but since I heard the B&W Nautilus 805s I'm going that route with a nice Velodyne HGS-12 sub.