Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Are the Klipsch Quintet Speakers any good?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-08, 03:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking into invest in some new speakers since I just recieved a $500 gift certificate to Best Buy.

I was looking into the Klipsch Quintet SL 5 piece speakers but I am unfamiliar with the brand. What is your opinion on these since they will only be used in a small living room where I am 8ft away from the television?
Old 02-16-08, 05:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They're incredible for the price. Do not hesitate!
Old 02-16-08, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a Klipsch 2.1 system and it sounds so freakin' good, and it's louder than Hell. Highly recommend Klipsch.
Old 02-21-08, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have this system from about 5 years ago.

I really like it. Still use it.....but.

The cheap plastic stands are attached and can not be removed. There is a ball joint that you adjust then take a hex key and tighten screws down to keep it in place. Gravity eventually takes over and the speakers droop down. After a few re-tightenings it wears out. All 4 of my sats point down. I have various things from the house under their "chins" to point them up and out.

I also upgraded the center channel to the next step up in Klipsch's line-up. This was a good move. In HT, the most important speaker is the center.

If I had to do it again, though, I would have applied that money to a higher end sub/sat setup. There are some web-only vendors I am interested in that I can't remember right now since its been a while since I looked at them.
Old 02-21-08, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I use 2 Quintets as my rear surrounds in an all Klipsch setup. They are very good for cheap speakers but they obviously can't hold a candle to the other Klipsch in my setup. Still for the price it's a very good system and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to people who want a beginner surround system for not much money.