DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD & Home Theater Gear (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear-5/)
-   -   Question About Old LD Remote...NEED HELP.....Reward Offered (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear/511453-question-about-old-ld-remote-need-help-reward-offered.html)

jet 09-09-07 06:47 PM

Question About Old LD Remote...NEED HELP.....Reward Offered

Hello All, I've got a Philips RC488CDV remote control that originally was used with the Philips CDV488 LD player. I am wondering if anyone knows how to delete and clear codes from this remote. I have figured out how to add them easily enough, after about 4 years of playing with it on and off. Anyway, any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. In fact, anyone who comes up with the info I need will be justly rewarded.

Thanks for your help all and hope to get an answer soon.

John (jet)

Forgot to add my e-mail if someone wants to shoot me an answer that way. It is: [email protected]

Thanks again.

John

Brian Shannon 09-10-07 07:23 AM

Have you tried removing the batteries for awhile?

jet 09-10-07 08:22 AM

Hi Brian, Yeah, I did try that a while back, but it didn't work. Thanks for the reply.

John

Multiwizardking 07-14-20 06:34 AM

Re: Question About Old LD Remote...NEED HELP.....Reward Offered

Originally Posted by jet (Post 8132627)
Hello All, I've got a Philips RC488CDV remote control that originally was used with the Philips CDV488 LD player. I am wondering if anyone knows how to delete and clear codes from this remote. I have figured out how to add them easily enough, after about 4 years of playing with it on and off. Anyway, any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. In fact, anyone who comes up with the info I need will be justly rewarded.

Thanks for your help all and hope to get an answer soon.

John (jet)

Forgot to add my e-mail if someone wants to shoot me an answer that way. It is: [email protected]

Thanks again.

John

pm sent to your E-mail address, please check your SPAM inbox folder too...

Thanks in advance.

TomOpus 07-14-20 06:36 AM

Laserdisc bump! :lol:

Alan Smithee 07-15-20 05:08 PM

Just looked up that remote, looks really cool. Player itself isn't too impressive though. I've got the Pioneer service remote, I should program that into programmable remotes and sell them.

cultshock 07-17-20 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Multiwizardking (Post 13772222)
pm sent to your E-mail address, please check your SPAM inbox folder too...

Thanks in advance.

Good luck, dude's last post in the forum was over seven years ago and this thread is 13 years old. :lol:

jet 07-18-20 01:28 AM

I'm back after a long hiatus and am currently searching for that remote. We'll figure
something out once I find it.

jet

jet 07-18-20 07:55 AM

The remote has been found. I popped batteries in it and it seems to function as it should.

John (jet)

Multiwizardking 07-31-20 03:53 AM

Hi John,

it got pretty quiet at your end, (pm wise)

is all well?

Any news about the remote?

Thanks in advance.

Multiwizardking 08-05-20 02:25 PM

Hi John,

I did manage to find a remote which was also in the US... :)

I finally could reunite the CDV488 player with it's original remote... -smile-

Thanks for the cooperation... :thumbsup:

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...ba9f2628e4.jpg