Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Can CRT TVs do 480p?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-07, 06:37 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can CRT TVs do 480p?

I really don't know much about progressive or interlaced, but I am buying a PSP Slim when I can find one, and your TV has to be able to do 480p to display your PSP screen on your TV.

I have a 27" Digistar TK2716D, it's a cheap TV. On the back of it, there are 9 jacks, one set of them is red/blue/green and two are yellow/white/red, so obviously the TV can have HD things plugged into it. I just don't know if this is 480p or 480i. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-09-07, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Plug it in when you get it and find out. And just because it has component jacks doesn't mean its EDTV or HDTV.

There is little to no info on this wal-mart special tv so I can't answer for sure. But I'd say it's 60/40 chance it is EDTV, if its plasma it has to be 480p at least, lcd is likely as well. If widescreen even more likely.
Old 09-09-07, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just because it has component jacks doesn't mean it's either ED or HD, it can still be SDTV. Which is what this looks like. That would be 480i only.

The PSP can't plug into an SDTV? Really? That seems odd.
Old 09-09-07, 08:40 PM
Suspended

Yeah, you have to buy the cables, or I wouldn't be worried about it. Seeing as it's just a normal TV, it's gotta be 480i like you guys are saying. I just don't want to buy the cables for nothing.

Yeah, it specifically states that for games, the PSP needs to be hooked up to a TV that can do 480p.