Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

low sound

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-07, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
low sound

hello all, i have a OnKyo HT-510 surround sound, i just got directv today and now when i put the system on the sound stays at a lower volume. i mean there is a big difference between playing it through the directv as compared to playing it through the vcr/dvd and the tuner. yes i know turn up the volume. but it just seems to be drowned out a bit, does anyone think i may be missing a wire somewhere? any help would be great it is late and sorry if that goes in circles thank you russell
Old 07-08-07, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Make sure you have the audio cables hooked into audio inputs on the DirecTV tuner, and that you haven't put one cable into the video input.
Old 07-08-07, 07:25 AM

no that is not it, right now i only have video and audio wires from the surround to the directv, do i also need to connect the tv to directv.
Old 07-08-07, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Well, you could connect the audio going out of the DirecTV device to your TV, but of course you would only get the sound coming out of your TV speakers--if it has any. It's worth a shot to see if it works. If the sound is better, then there must be some setting on your DirecTV device which is overlooked. If the sound is still "low", then you'll know it's probably your receiver.

Sorry I can't help much more, because I'm not familiar with DirecTV devices. You might also make sure you have a good connection from the outputs on the DirecTV. Sometimes, the cables might appear to be connected, but actually aren't, so pushihg them in a little more to be sure there is a "firm and snug" fit, is worth a try too. And for the hek of it, you might even try different audio cables.
Old 07-08-07, 11:57 AM

got it seemed to over look one of the inputs, it was not seated all the way, evened it all out. thanx for you help