Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Any experiences with the Toshiba 50HM67?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-07, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Been eyeballing this TV as a good, relatively cheap buy ($995 shipped, no tax// or if Circuit City has it for $999 again -- minus 10% AAA Discount + Free Shipping and tax for around $975 and no payment for a year).

720p, 50" DLP TV

Was thinking of getting an LCoS 1080p for about $400 more (JVC HD-56FH97) but don't really want the extra weight and width to it (It has a 6" bigger screen, but is also about 5.7" wider and upwards of 70lbs heavier -- though I can't confirm as I've never lifted an LCoS and webpages lie). So I figured for what I need it for, the Toshiba 50HM67 would do. My main issue now is the refurb of the 50HM66 is available for about $150 less, and I can't really figure out what the difference is outside of a single HDMI port and VGA Input (and apparently the bulbs on the 50HM66 go out with a bang... a loud one.)

So yeah, anyone had any experience with these? I checked one out at Circuit City but the settings had obviously been tampered with to make it look subpar.

Last edited by RichC2; 06-05-07 at 09:42 AM.