Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Good deal on Sony xbr 34" wega hidef monitor

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 04-12-07, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess nobody wants a bulky monitor anymore but what a deal at circuit city on this set. It has been reduced to 640.00 and we are not talking about a floor model. I have a 32' sony wega monitor that is over 10 years old but works as well as it the first day I bought it. Sometimes I think I should buy this set as a backup in case my current tv goes or wait for prices to go down on Sony LCD's. Any thoughts?
Old 04-12-07, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

definitely a good price on a discontinued tv but you said it yourself, its bulky.

you could pay about the same for a 32" flat lcd. the picture on the sony would be better than most, if not all, flat panels lcds though.
Old 06-21-07, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I picked this up from CC during the sale. Quick question, from day one there is a noticeable upward curve on the four corners of the picture. It is especially visible during wide zoom mode. Whenever letters appear in those areas, they curve down to the sides. Is this normal, or do I need to get service. I called Sony, and they recommended getting service, but I am not so sure. Thanks for any help or info!
Old 06-21-07, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by boc4ever
I picked this up from CC during the sale. Quick question, from day one there is a noticeable upward curve on the four corners of the picture. It is especially visible during wide zoom mode. Whenever letters appear in those areas, they curve down to the sides. Is this normal, or do I need to get service. I called Sony, and they recommended getting service, but I am not so sure. Thanks for any help or info!
Sounds like a convergence issue. Definitely get it checked out.