DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

? about Y cable/adapter for subwoofer

Old 03-05-07, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

? about Y cable/adapter for subwoofer

Bought a Klipsch subwoofer yesterday (thanks Craigslist!) and I noticed the manufacturer recommends hooking up both left and right outputs into the single input on my receiver using a RCA Y adapter. Okay, but is there such a thing as a high quality "1 male to 2 male" RCA cable out there that isn't Monster pricing? Had bad luck finding an Acoustic Research-type cable on Monoprice or Ebay (might be my pathetic research skills, though).

If a good, affordable cable doesn't exist, how about pointing me to a good splitter por favor.

Thanks... many of you guys on this forum have provided me with some cool advice recently.

edit: 6'' is enough.

Last edited by atlantamoi; 03-05-07 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-05-07, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This could work, but you would need another M/M RCA cable in the equation.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...ormat=2&style=

and pretty much exactly what you are looking for 2/3 the way down this page, but I have no experience with the company.
http://www.audiogear.com/Audio-Adapters-RCA-Plugs.html
Old 03-05-07, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks jon, I've been searching even more after posting and I can't find anything other than the very cheap/basic cables that you provided as well (plenty of those on Ebay). I did find one that was $100. I'm having problems finding them one level up in quality.
Old 03-05-07, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I may be wrong (and I have been before) but I would not worry about "sound quality" too much. For a real short (6") run, I don't thin it would be too much of a problem. I think it also isn't as big of a deal for subwoofers as it would be for a run carrying full spectrum audio.

but this is just my .002 cents.
Old 03-05-07, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was thinking the same thing after coming up short in my search. I'm going to drop by Radio Shack later and pick up one for $4.00. Maybe later I'll upgrade if need be.