Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Need help with pc to TH-42PX60U connection (paging Spiky)

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-06, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need help with pc to TH-42PX60U
I am trying to hook my parents' laptop to their new television. I realize it would been easier to have gotten the 600u model since it has vga in. Anyway, I plugged an s-video cable from the laptop (using a pretty old nvidia card) to the tv. I

I was able to get the laptop's desktop background on the tv, but that's it. I assume that the video card was too old or that I couldn't get the aspect settings.

Anyway, I need some help here. The tv will be going in a dining room and will need to play powerpoint presentations. I don't want them to have to get a $200 adapter that may or may not work. I have a vga to component cable from monoprice that I just received in the mail, but haven't been over to try it out. I figure that it won't really matter since the video card is too weak.

So what are my options? Anyone have this model and able to set it up to showing a pc (or even an older mac)? Thanks for reading.

I'll have the video card model number shortly.
Old 12-11-06, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The video card is a Mobility Radeon 9000.
Old 12-11-06, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm not all that knowledgeable on PC output to TV. I've had tons of problems with mine. I think if you use Svideo you can only output 640x480. Probably not what you are looking for on an HD plasma.

I don't know anything offhand about that card, but unless you are running the latest 3D games, most cards from this decade should be able to handle HD video. The VGA output should be decent.