Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Sony KDL-40V2500 40" Bravia V-Series 1080p LCD HDTV?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-06, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi, ive been thinking about going 1080p lcd for awhile, nothing over 45" and i saw this
Sony KDL-40V2500 40" Bravia V-Series 1080p LCD HDTV on amazon.com and it looked like it had all the bells and whistles i was looking for, but before i jump into the water figureativley speaking^_^ i'd like to know what anyone else thinks. Is this a good buy or should i keep hunting. ^_^ thanks for any help!
Old 10-22-06, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

That is the model that I am also considering. You may be able to find a better price though:

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_g...ch=40V2500+&op
Old 10-24-06, 08:00 AM

I went ahead and purchased this TV. Do I need HDMI cables to hook it up to a standard progressive scan DVD player? Are the HDMI cables only for hooking up to HD devices? I have a Toshiba HD A2 DVD player on pre-order and that may come with an HDMI cable, so I did not want to buy the extra cable unless it was required.
Old 10-24-06, 12:58 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by fryinpan1
I went ahead and purchased this TV. Do I need HDMI cables to hook it up to a standard progressive scan DVD player? Are the HDMI cables only for hooking up to HD devices? I have a Toshiba HD A2 DVD player on pre-order and that may come with an HDMI cable, so I did not want to buy the extra cable unless it was required.
According to Crutchfield, this player does come with an HDMI cable. It is always good to have space cables just incase, as long as it is not Monster. I suggest either Audioquest or Tributaries
Old 10-25-06, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Blue Jeans Cables are an affordable quality cable that would fit your needs.
Old 10-25-06, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Trippin315
It is always good to have space cables just incase, as long as it is not Monster.
Monster will get the job done. The main problem with Monster is that it's hideously overpriced. However, I was able to get several cables for under $10 each during a Radio Shack clearance sale and have been satisified.

Another good place for quality, affordable cables is www.monoprice.com . Enjoy your new display.
Old 10-31-06, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by nontechgirl
hi, ive been thinking about going 1080p lcd for awhile, nothing over 45" and i saw this
Sony KDL-40V2500 40" Bravia V-Series 1080p LCD HDTV on amazon.com and it looked like it had all the bells and whistles i was looking for, but before i jump into the water figureativley speaking^_^ i'd like to know what anyone else thinks. Is this a good buy or should i keep hunting. ^_^ thanks for any help!
I have had this TV since Friday and it is very nice overall. Unfortunately, I have it hooked up to a cheap RCA progressive scan DVD player until the HD-A2 arrives.

positives:
- picture and sound quality are good
- the menu is easy to use
- nice design
- already calibrated very well (colors, brightness, tint, etc.)
- widescreen zoom mode seems fine

negatives:
- picture looks a little too computer-like or digital at times when watching DVDs (I was told HDMI cables would help significantly)
- volume is inconsistent from DVD to DVD
- regular TV looks just ok
Old 10-31-06, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This can't have anything to do with the TV.
Old 11-07-06, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

negatives:
- picture looks a little too computer-like or digital at times when watching DVDs (I was told HDMI cables would help significantly)
- regular TV looks just ok
I boght this TV and returned it because nothing but HD-DVd and HDTV was acceptable to me and that's not all I watch.