DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

TiVo conflict question

Old 10-09-06, 11:50 PM

TiVo conflict question

My TiVo can record two shows at once. This is great, but everyone in my family watches a buttload of TV, so it's still not enough. I've learned to live with it. But there's a problem that seems fixable...

Tuesdays, Nip/Tuck is recorded from 7:00-8:05pm. That's its default record time. Dancing with the Stars is recorded from 8:00-9:30 (or something like that). Now, I want Gilmore Girls which is from 8:00-9:00, but since two other shows are being recorded at the moment of 8:00 already, it won't record. It sucks, because it's only a five minute conflict.

Is there any way to have it record Gilmore Girls? I wanted to either make Nip/Tuck end at 8:00, or Gilmore Girls to start at 8:05, but it won't do that. And no one is around to hit "Record" at 8:05, either.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-10-06, 12:15 AM

You can manually to set it in the record by time/channel menu. You will miss the first five minutes, but you should get all of the good stuff. However, I think you have to set this every week. I don't think you can set a season pass doing this.
Old 10-10-06, 12:21 AM

Ah, I didn't think of that. Thanks.

Sucks I can't season pass it that way, but at least it's a solution.

Edit: It worked! I can make it a "Repeated Recording" so it's essentially a season pass. That first five minutes should annoy me every time, but other than that, I'm happy.

Last edited by pizzamousechips; 10-10-06 at 12:25 AM.
Old 10-10-06, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Is this a standalone TiVo (the new dual tuner version) or a DirecTV version? I'm guessing DirecTV? The standalone has a "5 minutes or less" clip feature which would allow for the benefits of Season Pass without having to go manual record.

Read a little about the feature here: http://customersupport.tivo.com/know.../tv070906.htm?