DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

what are the metal pieces around the a/v connections?

Old 09-14-06, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,802
what are the metal pieces around the a/v connections?

i guess this is the right forum to ask this.

on one of my tvs the lil metal pieces around the audio and video connections came loose when it fell a while back and i lost both pieces when i moved this past summer, the tv is still good but i can't use it for games or anything since those are gone. it was workin with just one of them. does anyone know if i can buy those anywhere?
redrum is online now  
Old 09-14-06, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: USA
Posts: 12,249
Well they are part of the connector. You might be able to replace them depending on how they are attacked to the tv.

They are RCA jacks found here


You might be able to get a tv repair shop to do the job for you.
Brian Shannon is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.