DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Circuit City will fix my strange burn-in

Old 08-29-06, 01:25 PM

Circuit City will fix my strange burn-in

I had a strange burn-in issue on my widescreen. There were two rows of squares on my tv and I honest to god do not know where they came from. I don't play video games on the tv and I can't think of anything that would have caused it. I am very careful not to leave the tv on static images for fear of burn-in. At first the squares were faint. Then steadily they got darker and more annoying. I had heard that burn-in was not covered by most warranties so I was reluctant at first to call for repair. Then I said screw it, I didn't cause it or misuse my tv I am going to see if they fix it.

Circuit city sent somebody to look at it and I just found out today they will repair it. Which is really cool.

I was wondering if anybody else had strange burn-in issues like mine and how did Best Buy , Circuit City, etc deal with your burn-in complaints in general.
Old 08-29-06, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What kind of TV do you have? It almost sounds more like a failure of some plasma or LCD cells than burn-in. Which would be a warranty issue, no doubt. Congrats on getting them to fix it.
Old 08-29-06, 01:40 PM

It's an Hitachi 57 inch RPTV
Old 08-29-06, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sounds like a CRT, which could have burn-in. And can't have pixel-level failures, so throw out my last comment. Weird that you can't even figure out what it came from. At least you'll get it fixed.