Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Infocus Screenplay 4805 and DirectTV HD question

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Infocus Screenplay 4805 and DirectTV HD question

Old 08-20-06, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few more thoughts:
I don't really see any difference in black level. As many other people have said, it is comparable to the 4805, MT700 and other DC2 DLPs. A few don't agree, but in day to day watching I hardly notice a difference. I do need to get a filter to make it a bit better, but I used one on the MT700, too. I mean, if I seriously look for video effects/artifacts, I can see differences. But I have no complaints. I see RBE all the time, so this is a bit better in non-critical viewing. I still haven't figured out what the Noise Reduction does on the 900. I suppose someone at AVS knows, I'm sure I can search for it. I can't seem to see a difference on or off, and I've tried it on a variety of sources. Oh, and the POP missing is kinda annoying. I had forgotten that it isn't on the 900, I'm going to miss that once football starts. My old PJ was beautiful for POP/PIP, I could have one 90" game on and one 40" tucked in the corner.

There is a difference in the look, but I can't quite put it into words. I'd have to think about it more. I'm not saying better or worse, it's like the texture is different. Which isn't too surprising considering the very different technology.

And with Costco, I can trade this in for full price on a new one later. That's why I'm not too worried about 1080 being around the corner. Of course, my old one was dead so I didn't really have a choice to wait for an unknown time when 1080 is in my price range.
Old 08-20-06, 08:17 PM
Suspended

I just check www.projectorusa.com and they have the Mitsubishi HC3000U at $1495 after you put in the card to find out it's real price.
Old 08-24-06, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So are there any deals on DirectTV HD DVRs?
Old 08-24-06, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Which? Tivo or NDS?
Old 08-29-06, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm looking to see if DirectTV is offering deals on their HD receiver with DVR (which I don't believe is offically a "Tivo" unit).