Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Niko OTP-2613W....any good?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-06, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 414 Likes on 359 Posts

http://www.nikotronics.com/product_d...etailtype=over

Buy.com has it for $470 w/ free shipping. Then there is a $15 coupon that seems to work bringing it to $455 shipped.

I'm looking for a flat panel for my bar. Not looking for high end, as I doubt we will sit in there for long period of time just to watch TV. But to put a game on, or something while having a beer.

Sources will likely be both HD & SD from receivers. Maybe throw in a DVD player, maybe.

Physically this is as big as I can go (20X34) for where I want and actually thought I would have to settle for a small screen (I had been looking at 22" TV's).

Seems tempting for the money....
Old 08-11-06, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never heard of them. Assuming this company doesn't make lemons, it should be good for that usage. What are you going to do with higher resolution on the bar TV than on the bigscreen?
Old 08-11-06, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 414 Likes on 359 Posts
Originally Posted by Spiky
Never heard of them. Assuming this company doesn't make lemons, it should be good for that usage. What are you going to do with higher resolution on the bar TV than on the bigscreen?
Oh your a funny one aren't you!

Yea, yea....my poor old X1...my wife gave me the go ahead to upgrade, but I only have about 2100 hours on it. I'd like to get closer to 3000 before I upgrade. However, a buddy of mine may be moving. If he has room for a theater I might give him my X1 and pick up that Panny.

Still...I continue to be impressed by the X1. We were watching the 1st half of one of the football games last night in HD at a bar on a 50" plasma. Now we were sitting to far away, but the 2nd half we watching on my X1 with HD OTA and I much, much preferred my set up. And as you mentioned over at HD Talk, the audio was so much superior....even with all those 3rd and 4th sting players we will never see again, we kind of got into watching the game. And my Cowboys are on tomorrow....

But yea, it has not been lost on me that the bar will have a higher resolution then anything else I currently owe. And to be honest, I really don't care about that for the bar. But I really want to stick to a flat panel, so pretty much that is going to be at least ED if not HD...I still haven't ordered, still thinking about it....
Old 08-12-06, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's ok. Here's an idiot story for ya.

I turned on one of those football games this week, too. Typed in a "9" for the local Fox station and let my Tivo change the channel. Came up in SD 4:3, and I thought, "oh well, only SD". i wasn't paying real close attention to anything since it's preseason. Course, 9 is the SD channel that I get from the satellite. 9-1 would be the HD channel that I get from antenna. So I missed out on HD cause I can't type the right channel number. And apparently I'm not bright enough to look deeper.