DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.
View Poll Results: Which one would you want?
(A)
0%
(B)
0%
(C)
20.00%
(D)
40.00%
(E)
20.00%
(F)
20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Which AV center/Entertainment center would you pick?

Old 07-28-06, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Which AV center/Entertainment center would you pick?

Ok, I am trying to determine which AV center/Entertainment center I am going to build. I actually know which one I want, but the wife and I don't exactly agree. So, I am putting it out for public opinion. Please give any feed back you think I should know, also. Thanks!

(A)
(B)
(C)
(D)
(E)
(F)

Last edited by gijon213; 07-28-06 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-28-06, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you think your wife is going to respond well to, "all the guys at DVDTalk agree with me", you've got a major reality check coming.

FWIW, I think you need fewer shelves and more drawers if this is all for A/V stuff. DVDs or other small things won't work well on a shelf that deep, so try to make only as many shelves as needed for the equipment.
Old 07-28-06, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Spiky
If you think your wife is going to respond well to, "all the guys at DVDTalk agree with me", you've got a major reality check coming.

FWIW, I think you need fewer shelves and more drawers if this is all for A/V stuff. DVDs or other small things won't work well on a shelf that deep, so try to make only as many shelves as needed for the equipment.
I am hoping for some valid point made by the patrons of this site to sway her when she is confronted with such insurmountable reasoning.....

Also, I am going to build separate shelving for my DVD's, this is strictly for my A/V equipment. I thought about displaying some of my nicer box sets on the top, but other then that, just electronics, wires, center speaker, etc...