DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Best way to split my component HD signal.

Old 07-26-06, 02:10 PM

Best way to split my component HD signal.

I'm stumped!!! I just purchased X-Box 360 and a second HD DVD carousel (I already own one). The problem is...my surround sound system that I have all my components going through only has one HD input.

My question is... is there a splitter that I can buy that can switch between these 3 HD components...or am I going to have to buy a new Surround Sound System with more HD inputs???

Please help...I don't want to sacrifice The HD quality on any of these components.

Thanks!!!
Old 07-26-06, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just a quick search uncovered this: http://www.svideo.com/com3.html

Not endorsing the product, but just showing that there are things out there to use (I may eventually need one, also, if I get an XBox 360).
Old 07-26-06, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have the Pelican System Selector Pro, and it worked fine to my nontechnical eye. I have heard that just any switchbox, even the cheapy RCA ones, could work.

However, I did eventually upgrade to a reciever/HT with integrated component switching; I had gotten a Harmony remote, and the PSSP did not work with a remote [that was one motivating factor] [I think they do make one with a remote now].
Old 07-26-06, 03:10 PM

I have the Pelican System Selector Pro, and it worked fine to my nontechnical eye. I have heard that just any switchbox, even the cheapy RCA ones, could work.
Does the Pelican System Selector Pro also support digital audio cables for surround sound?
Old 07-26-06, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think it had 3 or 4 input sets [out of 8 total] that included optical audio; I'll double check when I get home. I know it had at least one, but I'm not sure how many.
Old 07-26-06, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Can't beat the 4x1 switcher from Audio Authority (1154A?). Auto switching, don't even need a remote. But it is almost $200, some don't like that. There was just a thread about the Joystick. That and the Pelican are cheaper than the AA, but hit or miss on quality.