Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Universal Remote Question

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-06, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought an RCA Universal Learning remote (model RCR815). I have it almost completely set up (the ability it has to learn from my other remotes is amazing). However, I am having trouble with it controlling my CD player on my Phillips stereo. I go thru all of the steps to "teach" it the correct IR codes, and they are sucessfully learned. I then press them, trying to control the CD player, but nothing happens. The "remote pressed" light illuminates on my stereo display, telling me that there is a command being sent from the remote to the stereo, but nothing happens. The radio and Aux have no problem, and I can easily control the CD player with the stereo's original remote. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited by Joxer; 04-21-06 at 11:38 PM.
Old 04-22-06, 11:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You should try asking this question in the forums on this site: http://www.remotecentral.com/

It's a site that's dedicated to remote controls. Anything and everything you want to know will be there. When I was looking for a good remote control, I researched this site a lot.