Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

How Do I Reset My Remote?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-06, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a Sony 5 Disc Dvd Changer a few years back & for some reason, it worked on my Sony receiver, allowing me to control the volume. But since then I had to change out the battery & it must've reset everything so I'm wondering if there's a way to get it so it'll control the receiver volume again? Her'es a pic of the remote....there doesn't seem to be anyplace to "program" it.

Sony Remote

I couldn't find a bigger picture of the reomte but here is the actual dvd player

Last edited by phatboy; 04-15-06 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-16-06, 10:35 AM

The remote is no longer on the page that you linked to.
I'd say to contact Sony.
You could go to Sam's Club and buy the Harmony 628 remote. It will control EVERYTHING you have. Easy to program. You program it online. Type in the model numbers of your equipment, and once uploaded to the remote, it's amazing what pushing one button can do..................

It sells at most places for $129.95, but Sam's sells it for $79.95, and it works great!
Old 04-17-06, 03:11 AM
AOD

Here's a link to the manual. All the program codes are inside, although, I would think it would operate a Sony receiver by default.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...5P&region_id=1
Old 04-18-06, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by emoxley
The remote is no longer on the page that you linked to.
I'd say to contact Sony.
You could go to Sam's Club and buy the Harmony 628 remote. It will control EVERYTHING you have. Easy to program. You program it online. Type in the model numbers of your equipment, and once uploaded to the remote, it's amazing what pushing one button can do..................

It sells at most places for $129.95, but Sam's sells it for $79.95, and it works great!

well I've already got the sony av-3100 but it's a bit bulky & when I just want to use the dvd player, it's nice to have the remote conrtol the volume quickly.
Old 04-18-06, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by AOD
Here's a link to the manual. All the program codes are inside, although, I would think it would operate a Sony receiver by default.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...5P&region_id=1

well that's what it use to do until I replaaced the battery.....part of the problem might be that i have a sony tv, receiver & dvd player so maybe it gets confused, cuz now it controls the tv volume.