Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

LCD Detachable speakers questions - LC2600N

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-06, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, I'm looking to get an LCD and this one has a built in tuner, which is a nice bonus. HOWEVER, the TV is a bit too wide when the speakers are attached. How do must detachable speakers connect to LCD's?

I need to save an inch, so I'm wondering if I can detach these and reposition them or if I could hook up some POLK speakers directly to the TV. I know I could do the HT route, but that is more money than I want right now....plus, it will be used a PC monitor

Here is the TV: HP LC26000N
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-lD9E09l...N&i=319LC2600N
Old 01-24-06, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you set on that tv? I know you mentioned wanting a built-in tuner, but you can get an OTA tuner for under $200. Does you cable company not offer HD? You can get a Samsung 26 inch LCD for $1140 - I have the samsung and think it is awesome. The speakers are below the screen and the set is much sleaker and more compact. I would take it over an HP any day. Here is a link to the Sammy on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...Fencoding=UTF8
Old 01-25-06, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually, I found the TV much cheaper. I DO have HD-Cable from Comcast, but this is just a second TV and I'm not paying $10 MORE a month fora second box.

I really want to know about the speakers....I think they just plug in, which hopefully I could plug them in and re-position them, maybe lay them flat.