DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Pioneer DVD player won't turn on anymore

Old 10-15-05, 03:29 PM

Pioneer DVD player won't turn on anymore

I've moved out from one apartment to another one and now when I wanted to turn my DVD player on, it won't do anything. It's dead.
It happened before, when I moved out again about 2 years ago and I had to take it to the repair shop. The tech said he had to load some software, but I don't believe him because that doesn't have anything to do with the power.
I wonder if those Pioneer DVD players are very sesitive on moves. I don't believe I shook it or busted it.
What can I do?
Old 10-17-05, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well if it wont turn on and it does not have a fuse that can be replaced, then it needs to be repaired. Most likely the repair would cost more than replacing it.
Old 10-18-05, 02:08 AM
Political Exile

Make sure the outlet its plugged into is live. This just happened to me at the new house I just bought. There's a wall switch that controls an outlet and it was turned off. I thought I would mention it, since you are in a new place also.
Old 10-18-05, 02:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pwman
Make sure the outlet its plugged into is live. This just happened to me at the new house I just bought. There's a wall switch that controls an outlet and it was turned off. I thought I would mention it, since you are in a new place also.
This is a great possibility. Try to plug in another appliance, or anything electric operated in that same outlet and see if it'll work, and if not, that specific outlet is not live, and it must be turned on.