DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

DVD Recorder Help???

Old 10-09-05, 04:48 PM

DVD Recorder Help???

Hi all, I was hoping someone could help me out. I've decided to purchase a DVD recorder. I was wondering what's the price I could expect to pay for a
DVD recorder with a hard drive. I've looked around at Wal-Mart (yes, I know W-Mart is not the place to look for an item like this, but in my small town, I don't have much of an option) and they have a lot of DVD recorders ranging from about 100.00 to 300.00. I asked the Electronics person about which ones have a hard drive and she didn't know Adam from Eve so I thought I'd post about it and see what help I could get. Also what kind of brands could you recommend. I hope someone out there could help. I don't know much about DVD recording but I have a bunch of home movies that I would like to put on DVD. Anyway, thanks in advance for any help you can give...Take Care..

Danny
Old 10-09-05, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Without knowing what models you looked at this will be a hard question to answer. If the store is of no help, write down the models and either check their website or browse the net to find what you need.
Old 10-10-05, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Since you're buying it at Walmart, check their website out. It will show all the models they carry and which ones have hard drives built in.
Old 10-10-05, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Once you find what kind they carry, check here for peer reviews:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdrecorders
Old 10-10-05, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

also go to a price search site (like pricegrabber) to make sure you don't vastly over pay for what you are getting.