DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Need help finding a 50 inch Plasma TV.

Old 10-02-05, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Need help finding a 50 inch Plasma TV.

I am building a new Home Theater system and in the market for a Plasma TV now. (Maybe a DLP also)

I just purchased the following:

DVD Player (Pioneer Elite dv-59AVi)

A/V Receiver (Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXVi)

I was looking at a Pioneer or a Panasonic. Any thoughts would be great or if you have one do like or dislike it?
Old 10-03-05, 01:48 AM

wow that's a hard decisoin espesially if your lookin at price my personal fav is the panasonic it's has a better picture because of black levels are better on it the darker blacks help create more depth espesially with sunlight in the picture plus pan is a better price but the pioneer may work better for u with it's seperate media box makes it easy to hide cables if u mount the tv i like the console on the pioneer better as well it's more elegant and classy pan has no hdmi inputs either where pioneer has 2 hdmi's for hd recievers and a up-conversion dvd player will look awsome with the pioneer surround
Old 10-03-05, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Fujitsu. Sometimes Panny and Pio Elite can match the Fujitsu. If you don't need the tuner, check out deals on pro models instead of the consumer versions.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can get a Panny with HDMI, like every single one of their current lineup. You must be looking at a specific older model or something.
Old 10-03-05, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I did look at the pro series Panasonic where you can order additional borads for your needs. The only board my TV will need is just an HDMI and nothing else. Where do you find the difference between model numbers?
Old 10-03-05, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Difference? Between pro and consumer numbering schemes? Or just general difference in features, model by model? Either way, this should help for one company:

pro
consumer