Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Pioneer DVR-225-S (or any recorder) with 5.1 Analog Outputs?

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 10-02-05, 05:13 AM

Hey, all! Ok, for the longest time I've been searching for a DVD recorder that won't break the bank AND has 5.1 channel analog outputs. Thus far, the only ones I've found of worth have been in the thousand dollar price range. (I've found a few players...but they were either VERY cheap quality or sold out before I could grab one. I would also prefer to stick with a recorder anyway.) I happened upon the "Pioneer DVR-225-S Pure Cinema Home DVD Recorder" on Overstock.com and it specificly listed "5.1 channel configuration" as one of the features. My question, thus, if this player does indeed support 5.1-channel, does it have 5.1 digital or analog outputs? And if this recorder does NOT have 5.1-channel analog outputs, is there one out there that does that is reasonably priced?

Thanks!
Old 10-02-05, 10:40 AM

have u thought aqbought a pan dvd recorder check ccity .com 199 and get a surround system what kind of surround do you need high end like bose or or just a reallly good 5.1 channel let me kno i could deffinetlly help u and a lot less than a 1000
Old 10-02-05, 11:38 PM

I've actually already have a sony surround sound system. It has 5.1-channel analog inputs which is why I was wanting to stick with that setup. I don't need anything high end, I just need something to replace my current DVD player (Apex AD-800). Honestly, I really wanted to get a DVD recorder/VCR combo with 5.1 analog but quickly found that to be a pipe dream for my price range. Anyway, I really appreciate your help in this matter!
Old 10-03-05, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Bose is NOT high end!!!!

I prefer the Panny ES10 to the 233 because it has more inputs and more recording formats. And Panny finally caught up to Pioneer in LP recording quality. But neither have 5.1 analog output. That reference is to digital output, a silly marketing comment. None of Panny's or Pioneer's have 5.1 analog out. Not sure of other brands, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old 10-03-05, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Spiky
I wouldn't hold my breath.
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Looks like I'll just be looking for a regular DVD player instead. I know of several models already but since I've opened the thread I'll ask, anyone have any suggestions towards that end?